In

Things You Should Never Say To A New Mum

I have realised over the past few months that when you become a parent it seems that everyone thinks they can pass comment on you, your ability as a mum and your child. Fun fact: they can't say what they want. So here's a list of things you should never say to a new mum, some of which I've had said to me.

  • Isn't he/she such a daddy's boy/girl
  • You're making a rod for your own back
  • Are you sure you should be doing that
  • Don't hold him/her like that
  • Can you stop him/her from crying
  • Does she/he ever do anything other than cry
  • God, you look knackered
  • Your baby sleeps right through? That won't last
  • Don't have another baby, it'll never be as easy as this one
  • Oh are you not breast feeding
  • I wouldn't breast feed if I were you it's hard work
  • You'll never have time to yourself again
  • Do you not think you need a day off
  • You can't just leave your baby and have a day off when you want
  • Make sure you make plenty of noise when he's sleeping so he gets used to noise
  • Be quiet she's sleeping
  • When my kids were babies..
  • This is why I don't want kids
  • When are you having another
  • Don't worry about your weight you've just had a baby
  • Do you not think you should start trying to lose your baby weight
  • Do not give them anything other than milk before 6 months
  • Start giving him baby rice when he's 2 weeks old, he's hungry


Please note if you've just had a baby, don't listen to anyone unless you trust their opinion. If you've not just had a baby, keep your opinions to yourself. Unless you're asked for advice, we don't want to hear it. Obviously if you've had a baby you'll have heard many more thinks that just make you want to shout "shut the fuck up", if so please let me know what they are, I'm intrigued.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

top social

Home Ads

Instagram

Advertisement

Facebook

Follow

Home Style Widget

header-menu

Pages

Recent Posts

Flickr Images

Search

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts